August 24, 2009

Rise from the Ashes

8-24-2009 UPDATE!!!
Check out how much Bill Kurtis misses us.
Click Here To View

On March 18, 2009, the boiler in the building next door to Club Lago Restaurant exploded. As a result, their chimney collapsed onto their roof, onto the street, and, unfortunately, onto us.

Guido was the first to find out about the explosion, and he contacted GianCarlo. Neither of us knew the extent of the damage until we arrived at the Lago that morning. As we entered the front door (which was destroyed by the fire department when they entered immediately after the explosion,) we were amazed at the damage. We have lost our roof, much of our second floor, and our entire kitchen. Luckily, nobody was hurt.

What happens now? You wear many hats when you own a business. We’re learning how to be insurance adjusters, kitchen designers, contractors, and secretaries. Never in the fifty-seven year history of Club Lago have we been closed for an extended period of time. We are doing everything we can to reopen as soon as possible.

It takes more than a chimney to shut down the Lago.

Stay tuned for more updates. If you’re on Facebook, please join the page called “Disciples of Club Lago.” Please also check our page on and continue to check our web site and leave your email address. Expect an invitation to our grand re-opening as soon as we know dates.

We’ll be back, and we’ll be better than ever.


GianCarlo and Guido Nardini
The Nardini Brothers

Club Lago News
About admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *